Page 4 of 4
I soldier on, mic in hand. Luckily, a joke about Paula Abdul gets the audience on my side again. Before I know it, my time is up and I've survived without crashing and burning. With such a thriving comedy scene, if I so choose, I could do it again the next day, and again and again until my act maybe gets some finesse to it. It's a scene that's moving "forward," not backward, says Ricky Del Rosario.
And who knows? Maybe one of these intrepid amateurs will become the next Robin Williams. With so many options for honing comedy and creating community in Sonoma County, it's not such a laughable proposition.
Make 'Em Laugh
Comedy open mics in Sonoma County
• Doc Holliday's Saloon, Tuesdays, 8:30pm. 138 Calistoga Road, Santa Rosa. 707.539.4811.
• "Horsin' Around" at Guayakí Yerba Mate Bar, first Wednesday, 7pm. 6782 Sebastopol Ave., Sebastopol. Sign up ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Short Bus Wednesdays" at Spancky's, second and fourth Wednesdays. 8201 Old Redwood Hwy, Cotati. 707.664.0169. Signups at 8pm, show at 9pm.
• Gaia's Garden, third Wednesday, 9pm.1899 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa. 707.544.2491. Sign up ahead of time at email@example.com.
• "Pro/Am Open Mic" at Heritage Public House, first and third Thursdays, 8pm. 1305-A Cleveland Ave., Santa Rosa. 707.540.0395.